In any nation or region the already existent Body of Christ is the key to seeing the nation discipled. This is a short synopsis of the strategy that God has given to us to disciple nations in His ways, beginning with His people in the territory. While this is laid out in a clear cut way, this strategy is fluid and able to make adjustments given the current state of the Church in the region, the intricacies of the real world obstacles, and cultural barriers, as well as other factors that arise as the strategy unfolds. This strategy has already been implemented in a flexible way in various nations, and God has used it to bring about national level movements of His Spirit.
1. Gather (Leviticus 8:3-4, Zephaniah 2:1-3, 2 Chronicles 20:2-4, 2 Chronicles 29:20-21, Ezra 10:7-11, Nehemiah 8:1-2, 9:1-3, Esther 4:16, 2 Kings 23:1-3)
During this initial phase, we begin to gather the men and women who have been called by God to be a part of His work in the territory. This will often begin by casting vision for the need to unite and work together to see God’s Kingdom come into the territory. It will involve highlighting the importance of repentance. In the early phases of preparation it may begin with just a small handful of people who are hearing what the Spirit of the Lord is speaking to His Church. In time, this message and vision should be spreading to more and more people.
Reach out to all those who claim Jesus Christ as their Lord:
– Every Denomination (Liturgical, Evangelical, Charismatic, Pentecostal, Messianic etc.)
– Every Generation (seniors, adults, young adults, youth, children)
– Every Ethnicity represented in the territory
– Geography (Every sector of the physical geography that we are seeking to impact)
– Every sphere of society (Ex: Church overseers, business, government, education, media, arts etc.)
2. Proclaim Repentance/Renewal (Isaiah 59:1-2, Psalm 66:18, Proverbs 28:9, 2 Chronicles 7:13-14, Joel 2:12-14, Hosea 10:12)
A message is released to the Body of Christ to cause people to become aware of their desperate need to repent of every aspect of the sinful ways that they have been living in. The Body of Christ is encouraged to allow the Holy Spirit to reveal every facet of their lives that is not truly allowing Jesus Christ to be the Lord of all. This repentance should be so deep and lasting that it produces a willingness to make radical lifestyle adjustments in their personal lives, families and in their interactions with their sphere of influence. As individuals repent they should experience a renewal in their intimacy with God. Beyond personal renewal, there is a need for the regional Body of Christ to begin to repent for the vast contradiction between the desires that are in God’s heart for their area in comparison to what is actually being manifested in the physical realm at this time (Especially as it relates to the state of the Church/spiritual leadership.) This repentance is not confined to just the early portion of the move of God’s Spirit, but will often come in waves, as more and more parts of the Body of Christ begin to see the need to repent and return wholeheartedly to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. In the past it is not uncommon for this repentance to begin in just one or two people before God’s Spirit takes their repentance and spreads it to the surrounding community. (Biblical examples: Ezra, Nehemiah, Hezekiah etc.)
Characteristics of the type of repentance that we are pursuing:
- Deep cleansing/purification (Allowing the Holy Spirit to deal with every facet of our lives from the root – from unforgiveness, bitterness and anger, to jealousy, envy, lust, greed, pride and unbelief.)
- Long-lasting change (Not a superficial repentance for a day or a week, but a repentance that grows deeper and results in a changed lifestyle.) Much time given to the Holy Spirit to reveal any aspect of our lives that are not living rightly with God in our thoughts, speech and actions. (Days, weeks, and months of giving the Holy Spirit freedom to convict us of all sin, until a moment-by-moment repentance becomes our new way of life rather than simply a program or seasonal change.)
- Proactive multiplication of repentance (In time the desire is that this is not just an individual or single congregation that has decided to engage in repentance, but a repentance that is spreading further and further across the territory until whole segments of society are beginning to be renewed in Christ and transformed.)
Cleansing Prayer Guide: www.dninternational.org/cleansingprayerguide
Renewal 101 – Free online course – www.dninternational.org/renewal101
A. Equipped in a Lifestyle of Deep Intimacy with God (John 15:5-8, Gal. 2:20)
As the Body of Christ enters into a deep repentance over their current state, then one of the first things that people should begin to experience is a renewal in their desire to walk in an intimacy with God. (And for those who are just coming to Christ this will mean a first-time experience of intimacy with God.) As the Body of Christ is stirred to know God more, it is important to equip people in what it means to establish a sustainable lifestyle of deep and real intimacy with God that continues to affect all aspects of their lives. (See resources on establishing a Spirit Empowered Lifestyle – www.dninternational.org/SpiritEmpoweredLife.)
Out of an intimate relationship with God people are positioned to be equipped in:
B. Raising Effective Intercessory Prayer in Every Sphere of Society
(Ezekiel 22:30, Phil. 4:6-7, Col. 1:9-10, 1 Thess. 5:17, James 5:16)
- Personal, family, local congregation (family of families):
This lifestyle begins in individual hearts at first, then families and local congregations. Beginning in this progressive way, from our own hearts, out to those around us, as this lifestyle of deep intimacy with God is established and the nation begins to be filled with prayer, a tipping point takes place where instead of being on the defensive, the church is positioned to go on the offensive. Eventually, as the Church in the nation is connecting more deeply in intimacy with God, repenting of our sins, and touching God’s heart for the nation, the people of God are now walking in real corporate authority to take the land back for Jesus Christ.
- To the World: Business, government, healthcare, education, media, arts etc.
As we are living in deep personal communion with God, we are in position to raise prayer over our sphere of influence. Eventually as many believers join together to pray over every sector of life in the nation, many testimonies begin to emerge to encourage the Body of Christ to keep moving forward. The spiritual atmosphere begins to shift and the things that had seemed impossible before start becoming possible. The deeper the repentance goes, and the more prayer is raised through the lives of those who have given themselves to walking in God’s ways, the greater the change that begins to infiltrate all aspects of society.
C. Evangelism (Prov. 11:30, 1 Cor. 9:19-23, Eph. 6:19-20, 1 Peter 3:15-16)
With the people of God in their proper positions in their personal lives, families and local congregations, the way has now been paved for a massive in-gathering of lost souls. The desire is to equip and empower every believer to take up their role as a priest of God right where He has positioned them and together believe for a huge regional and national harvest of souls.
D. Discipleship (Matthew 28:18-20, Philippians 4:9)
As many new souls are coming to Christ in the territory there will be a tremendous need for equipping and empowering believers in what it means to live out a lifestyle of discipleship. With Jesus as our model, the emphasis is on the need to live in close community with those that we are pouring our lives into. Our desire is to see the National Church disciple every sphere of society in the will and ways of Jesus Christ.
Marriage & Family Renewal & Transformation (Deut. 6:6-9, Eph. 5:22-31, 33)
Family was the first institution put in place by God. Satan has been attacking this institution from the very beginning (Cain and Abel). Marriage and family are the bedrock of any society. If any territory is going to enter into the purposes that God has for it, it will be very important for the marriages and families in that territory to be equipped in the will and ways of God for family.
Marketplace Renewal & Transformation (1 Peter 2:4-5, 9, Rev. 5:9-10, 2 Cor. 5:18-20)
The marketplace is one of the most untapped mission fields. The Body of Christ must focus on equipping and empowering those in the marketplace if we are to bring our community into the fullness of the purposes of God. Based on 1 Peter 2:9 it is evident that every born again believer is a priest of God. This equipping focuses on helping every believer take up their role as a priest of God in their sphere of influence.
Functioning as One Regional Church (Matthew 5:23-24, 12:25, John 17:22-23)
In most areas of the country, rather than working as One Church, the Body of Christ is greatly divided. As repentance deepens, and the level of prayer is raised over the nation, it becomes possible for long-held divisions within the Church to be broken, and the Body of Christ to function as One for God’s purposes.
Healing & Restoring the Land (2 Chronicles 7:13-14)
With increased repentance and prayer, it becomes possible to identify the strongholds of the nation, and bring repentance to them in such a way that they are literally pushed back and broken. As historical demonic strongholds are broken over the nation, it becomes possible to see reconciliation and healing spread across the land. This healing can take place in families, local congregations, and even in the Body of Christ as a whole. Areas of spiritual bondage that have existed for centuries can be uprooted and removed and replaced with the Kingdom of Jesus Christ. This restoration of the land can take place in very practical strategies to address the felt needs of the territory.
As individuals, families, and local congregations have had their sins exposed, walked through a deeper repentance, and have been equipped in a lifestyle of deep intimacy with God that results in effective prayer, evangelism and discipleship, the Body of Christ is now positioned to bring the Transforming Life of Jesus Christ into their sphere of influence. Just like a military General surveying the territory, the Church can be empowered to step out in prayer, evangelism and discipleship with a view to take the Kingdom of Jesus Christ into every sphere of society.
- Business, government, healthcare, education, media, arts etc.
Release workers into the harvest fields of the earth
As the nation begins to enter more deeply into God’s purposes, there will be an even stronger burden to send equipped laborers out to the other nations of the earth. In this way, the city/nation will once again take the redemptive gifts of the nation out to other nations.
As the Body of Christ in the nation has gathered, repented, been equipped and empowered, the Church is now positioned to experience God fulfill the purposes that He had in His heart when He first brought the nation into existence.
Sample of partner ministries in various nations that we are in relationship with:
– Mission One Million – Goal of planting 1 million churches, assisting one million pastors, and helping 1 million orphans to be cared for and prepared for a productive life in Christ Jesus.
– Campus Crusade for Christ Korea – National network that is raising up spiritual movements in Korea to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to every facet of the nation.
– National Renewal & Transformation Network – Network in cities around the U.S.
– All Indian Christian Council – Network across virtually every state and district of India